Example job description for a portfolio manager
Our client is an established, dynamic investment management firm headquartered in [xxx], with regional offices across the country. They invest globally for a nationwide client base of high-net-worth individuals offering a complete range of financial services to a diversified group of clients and advisors. Their focus is on sound personalized investment advice coupled with superior service to satisfy their client relationships. The talent and passion of their people is critical to their success, together with the common set of values rooted in integrity and excellence.
A Portfolio Manager for our client has the principal relationship responsibility with HNW clients and their Financial Advisors and will meet them on a regular basis to develop separately managed portfolios uniquely tailored to each client’s objectives. This role requires extensive interpersonal skills as well as premier finance and investment skills. An ideal candidate will possess a true desire to communicate with clients about their asset allocation, portfolio holdings and the macroeconomy, as well as dedicate the time necessary to develop client relationships.
What will you do?
Portfolio Manager Primary Responsibilities:
- Manage equity and balanced portfolios for our clients HNW clients.
- Advise clients and develop tactical and strategic investment strategies, managing the asset allocation to achieve clients' investment goals.
- Construct client portfolios utilizing both proprietary and non-proprietary products.
- Communicate implementation, strategy and results to clients regularly.
- Develop an asset allocation for each client that is consistent with their investment objectives and risk tolerance.
- Design client portfolios through the use of individual stocks, bonds and funds, determined by the analysis of our Research Team. This position is not a stock analyst position.
- Understand the individual stock and bond research information provided by the research team in order to understand each company included in client portfolios and to effectively communicate with clients.
- Ensure strategic changes are properly implemented into each client portfolio.
- Meet with clients on a quarterly basis to review their asset allocations, stock holdings and discuss the performance of their portfolio.
- Review quarterly investment reports for client presentations.
- Work on a team with associates who are responsible for processing and managing all operational and administrative aspects of each client’s account.
- Meet with prospective new clients and partner with our Sales Consultants to win new clients.
- Meet with existing clients on a regular basis to make in-person presentations.
What do you need to succeed?
- *Minimum of 15 years of financial services experience.
- *Minimum of 3+ years of HNW portfolio management experience.
- *MBA, CFA. – Series 7 and 66.
- Strong computer skills.
- High level of curiosity, sense of ownership, self-motivation, accountability and ethical standards.
- Excellent analytical skills and research techniques.
- Excellent understanding of the economy and market conditions.
- Ability to achieve superior performance while complying with all risk and regulatory requirements.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of our client’s investment strategies.
- Ability to effectively articulate our client’s investment philosophy to Clients.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize.