Regional Sales Director (Midwest)
The primary responsibility in this regional sales role is to increase distribution of our clients’ strategies via a strategic effort focused on Registered Investment Advisers, Bank Trusts and Multi-Family Offices within the assigned territory. The position is responsible for building strong relationships with key decision makers, ensuring that this role develops a strong presence that will assist in raising revenue and maintaining our clients existing book of business. This position will be based in the Midwest (Chicago preferred) and cover territory in the Midwest; Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, Nebraska.
What will you do?
- Develop & manage productive relationships with decision makers across targeted firms that result in an understanding of our clients at the organizational level as well as at the product level and manage relationships to build ongoing revenue opportunities with this market segment, with a goal of bringing solutions to clients.
- Deliver effective presentations for new business and client reviews and can manage meetings and deliver responsive follow up and effectively represent the full range of investment solutions offered by our clients’. Positions demands a high investment and our clients’ product acumen.
- Coordinate meetings with firms and all our clients’ partners to ensure a unified and consistent message is delivered to the market.
- Develop a strategic plan/approach to managing the assigned South-Central territory that is aligned with the business objectives of our clients’ US Intermediary and prepare investment professionals for effective client/prospect presentations. Territory includes the following states: Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, Nebraska
- Demonstrated ability to manage pipeline and close business.
- Candidate must be a proven team player and demonstrate the ability to work productively with Investment Teams, Marketing, and Operations/Support Teams and proactively manage expenses and costs.
- Collaborate & coordinate within our clients’ US distribution team structure, and all their partners and stay current on market trends and competitive landscape.
- Obtain regular feedback from the market (organizational, specific strategy, market insights) and distribute internally.
- Attend industry conferences on an as-needed basis.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree required – in Finance, Economics, or a similar discipline and 7+ years of experience working in a relevant financial product sales environment, preferable selling in the RIA/Bank Trust channel.
- Series 7, and 63 required (or ability to obtain within 3 months).
- Ability and desire to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Ability/Willingness to work in the assigned Midwest region.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively manage details and provide accurate, timely follow-up.
- Previous experience and knowledge in the asset management industry.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects on an ongoing basis in an ever changing work environment.
Nice to haves:
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including great benefits, annual incentive program and recognition
- Leaders who support your development
- A dynamic, collaborative, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and grow your career
- Work-life integration
- Positive work culture emphasizing diversity and inclusion, volunteerism and community involvement