Private Banking Relationship Manager (California)
Our client is a full-service bank that offers a complement of banking, trust, and investment services. Our 5,000+ colleagues deliver highly personal service and complete financial solutions to entrepreneurs, professionals, their businesses, and their families.
Develops and manages client relationships with high- net- worth and ultra-high-net-worth individuals and families within a specific market. Provide integrated financial services advice to these clients including: banking, credit, asset management, trust and estate planning, and brokerage. Manages overall relationship profitability and portfolio risk and is responsible for profitable growth of the portfolio. May serve as a segment or industry specialist acting as a technical consultant to clients and colleagues in various business segments and geographic locations.
Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry"; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act. Must remain in good standing under the Safe Act.
What will you do?
As a member of our clients Private Banking group, you will help deliver tailored financial solutions to high- and ultra-high-net-worth families, select professional services firms and select nonprofits. Exceptional, customized service and integrated solutions and strategies, investment management, trust and wealth planning set this team apart.
- Develop new relationships externally through referrals from clients and Center of Influences, personal community involvement, and from internal partners.
- Profile across the full spectrum of the needs of PB target segments and provide tailored advice in collaboration with the client team. Utilize planning capabilities and develop solutions across investments, trust and wealth transfer, credit, deposit, and all other appropriate services.
- Utilize, include, coordinate, and lead internal team to develop new business including leading pre-brief and de-brief meetings.
- Identify additional opportunities from existing clients and leverage all resources and other colleagues to successfully become the client’s lead or sole provider.
- Manage relationships by leading the client team in planning, delivery, and regular review with clients. Deliver a high degree of personal contact and open communication among clients and internal team that creates a superior client experience. Proactively communicate with clients about current conditions in the financial markets and necessary adjustments to their investment strategies and holdings consistent with our clients’ perspectives. Ensure full client team is coordinated on communication.
- Analyze financial needs of clients and monitor their ongoing financial and personal circumstances to adjust or act accordingly.
- Ensure that relationship plans have been developed and are implemented.
- Work with the Client Manager and rest of client team to ensure preparation of all presentation and review materials.
- Ensure that client’s current goals, risk tolerance, and constraints are reflected in the IPS for managed investments.
- Ensure that regular, tailored investment and relationships reviews occur between client team and client.
- For those colleagues with FINRA Licenses, review asset management and CNS Brokerage statements with clients. Partner with clients Securities (CNS) Investment Officer (IO) to communicate with clients about current conditions in the financial markets, investment alternatives, asset allocation and review asset management and brokerage account statements with clients. Discuss changes to strategies with the CNS IO.
- Keep current on client’s financial information while ensuring that clients understand the solutions being provided (including terms and conditions for all credit facilities).
- Communicate in a timely and proactive manner with clients and with all risk areas, especially the Credit Team where there is a borrowing relationship.
- Maintain all appropriate training and continuing.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor's Degree OR MBA OR 15 years of experience in financial services Or
- Minimum 10 years of experience in one or more of the following: asset management, banking/credit, personal trust, and brokerage services.
- Minimum 10 years of sales and relationship management experience in financial services preferably with high-net-worth clients.
- California Insurance License
- Strong understanding of all products and services applicable to high-net-worth clients.
- Superior knowledge of credit policies and procedures, and bank operations policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated sales and marketing abilities.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Initiates relationships with clients whose trust, investment, and lending needs require a consistently strong performer with in-depth product knowledge and excellent sales skills.
- Contributes positive suggestions and demonstrates productive collaboration with Line of Business and product partners that lead to ongoing growth and development of PB.
- May partner with another CA and manage a risk adjusted revenue book of up to $2million.
- Usually possesses a BA or MBA and typically has 8 years of financial services experience.
- May possess CFP, JD/LLM, CIMA or Cannon Certified Wealth Strategist designation.
- FINRA Series 7 and 63, and 65 or 66 securities licenses and state insurance licenses preferred.
- Our client is a premier bank that offers a wide array of financial products focused on HNW clients and emerging HNW clients.
- The Tech vertical is a build out with a lot of upward mobility to become a part of growth and future leadership.
- Our client has had tremendous success building new businesses, Entertainment, Private Client.
- Our client – while being owned and capitalized by one of the top financial institutions in the world, still offers the boutique feel. This helps them to make decisions and revisions to growth plans much quicker.