AVP, Risk Management
Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the credit union’s compliance and risk management framework and associated programs. Utilizes various Risk Management tools to analyze and report risks according to the risk management framework. Ensures the organization's policies and strategies are in compliance with all applicable regulations and make appropriate recommendations to enhance programs and reduce risk.
What will you do?
Risk Management Primary Responsibilities:
- Plan, design and implement an overall risk management process for the credit union.
- Monitor, evaluate and organize appropriate risk reporting internally and externally.
- Lead the risk assessment of the credit union, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing, and estimating the risks to the credit union. Report results as appropriate.
- Assess risk potential of current procedures and recommend as appropriate changes to minimize loss exposure.
- Assist with credit union insurance policies to ensure that the credit union carries adequate coverage commensurate with current business plans and overall risk.
- Support any policy change, system or work rules the credit union implements related to the function of this position.
- Compare estimated risks such as costs to the credit union, legal or regulatory requirements and evaluate and implement risk procedures.
- Provide guidance on education and training support to build risk awareness within the organization.
Compliance Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining the credit union’s compliance program including updating the program based on regulatory changes, internal audits and examinations. Assist in ensuring all areas of the credit union are in compliance.
- On an on-going basis, review laws and regulations that impact the credit union’s compliance requirements and develop or assist in the development of compliance training programs for these regulations.
- Compiles, monitors and analyzes information on proposed legislation, regulations and regulatory inquires having a potential effect on the credit union's operations.
- Serve as liaison with external compliance specialists and maintain working knowledge of all relevant rules and regulations affecting the credit union.
- Disseminates information, reviews disclosures, answers questions, and be a subject matter expert for the credit union’s compliance-related issues.
- Stays informed of trends and developments in the compliance field. Continues professional development through various training opportunities. Complete additional training and certifications as required.
- Participate in Compliance Committee meetings as an active member of the Committee.
- Remains current in all aspects of Bank Secrecy Act, Money Laundering and OFAC compliance.
What do you need to succeed?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s degree in law, accounting, finance, IT or similar related field is required.
5-8 years prior experience in financial institution regulatory compliance is required. 3 to 5 years previous supervisory experience.
Other Special Skills and Abilities:
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image, business-like manner and appearance.
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Takes initiative and prioritize tasks, demonstrates good time-management, with flexibility to adapt to change.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, to ensure complete understanding and comprehension of the intent and content of the communication at all levels of the credit union.
Interested in learning more or applying? Complete the form below: